Thursday, February 01, 2007

In which I bore my own self.

Today I made Je Mange La Ville's Moroccan Chickpea Stew, with kale instead of spinach, and I am here to tell you it is gooooood. But that's for tomorrow's lunch. We had salad for dinner (remember! Weight Watchers! Although mine was pretty pointy, I think.) So: here's a good salad combination: shredded leftover roast chicken over spring mix with chunks of roasted acorn squash, kalamata olives, red onions, and goat cheese. With plain ol' balsamic vinaigrette. Something about the squash and olives and vinaigrette together was awesome.

And more of that brown rice/mango/coconut pudding. Can't. Stop. Eating. It.


Dammit! I'm boring! Um....the baby makes jokes now! (Seriously. He gums my face [which I do to him all the time, except for not gumming, just sort of raspberry-ing, which is where he got it from] and then looks at me and grins - he totally knows he's funny.)

Also! It snowed a little today, and iced! (And of course there was a typical North Carolina freak-out, where all the stores ran out of milk and bread, and all my afternoon meetings were cancelled, and public schools were closed. Um, people? No WONDER the Yankees laugh at us. I love a snow day as much as the next girl, but it was only TWO INCHES, and the roads were warm so nothing stuck.) (Although tomorrow morning might be a different story - it's freezing rain right now and it's COLD outside. Will I miss my La Leche League meeting? Tune in tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion!)

3 Comments:

Blogger tammy said...

Boring? Are you kidding me? You made mango and coconut rice pudding, with brown rice. I just made...rice pudding. Touch of cinnamon.

10:01 AM  
Blogger TSM Oregon said...

I can SO relate to that...did you see that YouTube video of a driver in Portland hitting every car as he slid his way through the streets? Yeah, here in Oregon (in the Northwest) when we get snow (translated "an inch of snow or more") people freak, can't drive, close schools and generally act as though the apocolypse is impending.

Nice to meet you, by the way!

-Tracy
www.tsm.serveblog.net

12:17 PM  
Blogger Skinnybirch said...

Sounds wonderful, not boring. When my feet started sweating last night I said, "That's it!" and we turned the a/c on so we could fall asleep. My feet were very thankful. Missing my sweaters, even the itchy ones... M in Mexico

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home