Thursday, June 02, 2005

I will rock your children's worlds.

I start teaching on Saturday. I have a level R (entering kindergarteners), a level 4 (4th, 5th, 6th graders), and a level 5 (7th, 8th, 9th graders) for my first day. I've been taking an organized approach and obsessing about details and logistics. Tomorrow I begin reviewing and practicing intros and parent meetings in earnest (and out loud. Lucky Robert!)

I'm getting nervous, but also excited. But MAN am I going to have to carry around a lot of shit! Books out the wazoo! Maybe I'll clean out my trunk tomorrow and just leave most of them in there instead of packing and unpacking all the time. (I'm DEFINITELY not leaving any of them on-site.)

In other news, Robert was recognized tonight in the video store and the clerks were kind of weird. They were trying to be all hilarious and cool and impressive but it came out really loud and weird and awkward and stilted. Man, I'm glad I'm not a rock star. It's weird enough being married to one!


Bethesda was fun - I feel like a padawan to Doug's Jedi Master, (speaking of which, don't believe the reviews: the new Star Wars is the suckiest sucky suck in the whole sucking world!) but I learned a SHITLOAD and I think classes will go fine. Everybody has already encountered at least one of pretty much every problem in the book, and they're all fine. I'll be fine too. A few mistakes really AREN'T the end of the world, self.

I wish I lived in the early 60's. We just watched the first Pink Panther movie. The costumes were AMAZING - I'm totally going to dress like that once I get down to a size 4!

I can think of nothing else that you need to know about today, my future self. Goodbye until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home