Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thrifting Mecca.

Tomorrow my best friend and husband and I are going on a Trek Across the Triad for thrift stores. Hooray! I can't think of anything more fun than that. We're hitting Greensboro first, then Robert is going to peel off and stay in G'boro, hang out with his family, and then have band practice that night. (This is a Good Thing - he gets kind of cranky after about 3 or 4 thrift stores. Weenie.)

Jamie and I will soldier on, through High Point and Burlington, until we reach home, filthy and tired and very, very badly in need of cocktails. Hopefully LOADED down with thrift excellence.

I need "professional" clothes for this new teaching gig. That means I'm NOT looking for the fun, the bizarre, the punk rock, the slutty. (However, I could buy that stuff IN ADDITION to the "professional" dress.) (I REFUSE to wear puffy-paint kitten sweatshirts no matter what you people say. Fuck off.)

I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just some girl said...

I'm going to comment on my own blog. Because nobody ever has commented on it, (or read it, even) and I want to make sure that the comments work.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Just some girl said...

Dude (me), it worked!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home