Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I just can't seem to get settled down today. I feel like I'm all jittery and fragile and I have a whole lot of extra bones or something. I'm bored but nothing appeals to me, I'm tired but not sleepy, no place I sit down or lie is comfortable (NOT EVEN THE HAMMOCK!!) - what is this? Some sort of weird reaction to finishing up my high-pressure time-limit stuff?? Or did I just drink too much coffee today? No likey.

In other news, I just finished the newest (paperback) Robert Jordan book. (What, you didn't know I was a big nerd?) Anyway, it was the Crossroads of Twilight one. I don't know what to say about them. I'm addicted, the stories are great, most of the characters are interesting...but they piss me off, too. He's an INCREDIBLY hackneyed writer sometimes (I have to admit that odds are pretty good that anybody who turned out an 800 page novel EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR would be using some trite writing.) But what I'm really worried about (especially now that the newest one is out, and it's a fucking prequel, not a continuation of the storyline) is that he's going to DIE before he wraps up the story lines and finishes the series!! And THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I have to know what happens. It started off being (supposedly) a 10 volume series. Well, we're already at 11 (with the new prequel) and there's no sign that things are wrapping up. Anybody else think he doesn't want to kill the golden goose?

Well, if you're reading this, Mr. Jordan, 1. Your beard is silly, 2. FINISH THE SERIES and start another one! We'll all buy those, too. I promise! (At LEAST have manuscripts for the final ones hidden away in some safe deposit box, even if you don't want to release them all at once. That way if you die before they all come out, all your fans still get sweet sweet resolution.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home