Monday, July 16, 2007

Fancy, spicy minnercheese (pimiento cheese, for the non-southern among you)

Whoa.. I'm probably going to get drummed out of the Southerner club for making this fancy version of pimiento cheese, but it's REAL DAMN GOOD.

10-12 oz extra sharp aged Vermont cheddar
10-12 oz pepper jack (I used Cabot for both cheeses)
1 medium yellow onion
3 roasted peppers (I had one yellow, one red, and one orange on hand, so that's what I used)
About 1/2-3/4 cup homemade mayo, enough to bind the pimiento cheese without being gross (I made it with white wine vinegar and peanut oil this time, and hit the dry mustard and the cayenne pretty hard)

Grate the two cheeses in the food processor using the grater blade (another heresy!!) Run the onion through the grater as well. Spin the roasted peppers a couple of times, till they are in bits ranging from breadcrumb size to julienne size. Combine with the cheese and onion and the mayonnaise; mix and EAT IT UP!!

So good - so spicy and sweet. Eat it on crackers, on soft white bread (Pepperidge Farm thin white is classic, or use the potato bread recipe below,) in a grilled cheese, broiled onto toasted white bread, on potato chips as an appetizer, on top of grilled burgers...the list is endless!! Mmmmmmmmmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger tammy said...

That's quite a loquacious spammer you got there.

(P.S. Are you okay? It's been a while.)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Just some girl said...

I KNOW. And I don't know how to delete it. And THIS is why comment moderation has suddenly been enabled. Argh.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Skinnybirch said...

My fave line (because I read it ALL) is: "artificial theater." Well, yes, I suppose so.

I have a little trash can icon I've used to delete comments before. (Not that I would ever "control" comments or anything! never....

Hey, I thought you didn't allow anonymous comments!? What's the deal with that?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Just some girl said...

Wooo! Melissa, thanks for the heads-up on the trash can icon (and I'm a mac user - I should have known that!)

No more loquacious, redundant, wacky spammer blather!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home