Thursday, December 15, 2005

All about my new widget (practically food-free post!)

I got this new widget, you know - it's not even a widget, it's a desktop blog client or something like that (I'm a Mac user, I don't know these things.) (But see, it also lets me format it just like Word does! I just highlighted and clicked a button that said "i" on it, and that put in the html for italic!) Anyhow, I actually PAID MONEY for it ($20!) so I'm going to post, like, a lot. Several times a day, probably. Brace yourself, dear reader.

Except for the fact that I don't have much interesting to say today. I was thinking about the idea of food writing as I waited in the freezing rain for my husband to come pick me up. What makes good food writing good? The tactility of it, the visuals, the imagined sensuosity - the readerly participation in it, in other words? Because I'm certainly a good academic writer - it's what I do - but I'm not so sure if I'll be food at this food writing thing. It seems qualitatively different.

Practice makes perfect?

Anyhow, something delish tonight, but I'm not sure what. I'm thinking some variation on spring or egg rolls - I bought some rice paper wrappers the other day on impulse, and lord knows we have plenty of cabbage and cilantro and carrots and shrimp and pork on hand, along with Asian schtuff (fish sauce, hoisin, dried umeboshi plums, etc). I'll play around and see what happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just some girl said...

I'm leaving myself a comment so that I won't feel like such a loser, but also b/c the name of the magical "desktop blog client" is Frequency 2.0, and so far it's good, so if you want one, there you go.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home