Sunday, October 02, 2005

We bought a bread machine.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have been a home bread-baker for a long time now (my mom always made all our bread by hand, and I learned from her in junior high) - but I'm often far too lazy to go through the process, and end up buying supermarket bread. Additives, corn syrup, preservatives - lots of yucky stuff. So I'm thinking it will be nice to dump everything in at night and wake up to bread.

But then again, my parents got a bread machine a few years ago (same reason) and it never was as good as handmade loaves. And they're funny shaped. With the weird little hole in the bottom where the dough hook goes.

I guess it's good to have it - I mean, I can still make it by hand whenever I feel like it, right? (Also - we bought a 50 lb bag of bread flour at Costco for under $10. HELL YEAH. It's like $2.39 for a 5 lb bag of bread flour [something good like King Arthur] from the grocery. Now THAT I can get behind.)

We're going to try it out tonight - I'll let you know how it goes.

And also, I want to figure out how to post pictures on this mug. Anybody reading this? if so, do you know how?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home