Friday, September 09, 2005

Resolutions implemented.

In the spirit of food-blogginess, we had last night for dinner grilled ribeyes ($9.99 a pound! Is this a result of rising gas prices? It was from Harris Teeter, people, not Whole Foods!). I made mashed red potatoes (they come out less puffy but it was all we had in the house - and we bought 10 lbs of them at Costco, so anything using up potatoes = a Good Thing) with the drippings from roasted chicken instead of butter, and also with lots of our enormous supply of roasted garlic. And also hot sauce. Robert LOVED them - I felt they might have needed some herb help, but I couldn't put my finger on what it would be. And then my favorite part, the spinach salad with a mustard and balsamic dressing, walnuts, sliced apples, and raisins. Mmmmm.

I made enough to take the salad for lunch today, along with the leftover chicken, artichoke, and olive pasta from 2 nights ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home