Thursday, April 21, 2005

Oh, good lord.

More stuff. We have to get more stuff into this house! This house that is already packed shoulder-to-shoulder with stuff! Stuff that's been in storage for a year! (Which we have been PAYING storage on for a year...) It's enough to make one become a ... a non-stuff person. What do they call those? Minimalist.

Things I did today:

1. Read trauma theory stuff for class. (But only half of it [and that not the important half] because I misread the assignment.)

2. Cleaned kitchen. Yay.

3. Paid bills. YAY!! I hate this more than anything! Except maybe R hates it more than me! So I procrastinate every month and am late every month! (Also switched over our Verizon bill to...wait for it...1500 minutes a month. AARGH! but that's how many we've been using, and it's $99/month if you know that's how much you need, and it's $225/month if you pay the minute to minute charges! Even MY lame math skills say that $99 is cheaper than $225 no matter how you slice it.)

4. Walked dog. Moderate yay.

5. Cleaned out R's desk and transferred all. that. stuff. to my study. (I have *6* daytimer/filofax thingies. All of them VERY nice leather, of varying sizes. Anybody want to buy one? Because I bought a PALM PILOT, and I don't need no paper organizer.)

6. Worked outside for a couple of hours (reading trauma theory in the sun and drinking iced coffee. Mmmmmm.)

7. Drank wine. Yay!


Things I did not do today:

1. Work on any of the goddamn papers and projects I have due in the next 2 weeks. Boo.



Jesus, I am a terrible long-range planner and doer-of-things-ahead-of-time. How am I ever going to be a professor if I leave all this stuff till the last minute? When will I develop the habits of mind that include little things like, oh, self-discipline??? THIS is why I have so many planners - b/c I'm a terrible planner!

But seriously. It's a little ridiculous. I mean, I work about 7-8 hours a day (I'm only counting time spent actually working, not time spent fucking around while LOOKING like I"m working) - isn't that what most people spend? Or LESS?? I mean, professors (and grad students) deserve evenings off too WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home